I’ll add to this list as I reload programs as I use them. This helps me anytime I set up a new computer. You are welcome to use any of these programs if they fill your needs. I advise making your own list as each of us have our own favorites.
- Firefox is a browser just like IE or Internet Explorer which comes standard on most computers. I, like many prefer Firefox. I do have both on my computer. Some websites such as maybe your bank work only in IE. Other websites work best in Firefox. Once I download and install firefox, I add extentions. Here are some that I use most often, although there are many other cool ones out there:
- Jing is a cool on the fly screen capture program. there is both a free and pro version. I opted for the pro package.
- Open Office Like Microsoft’s Office Suite without a pricetag. If you are used to Microsoft’s programs and not wanting to take the time to learn something different then stay with what you are using. I use Open Office.
- AVG Free Virus protection program. Always use some kind of protection. I find that the firewall on my router does the best job.
- Gimp an open source graphics editor much like photoshop.
- Filezilla Everyone who has a webhost needs an ftp tool.
I have a few more programs to upload and I’ll update this page as I do so.